Gowrie is looking for a very special individual to join our passionate and committed team on a permanent part-time/fulltime capacity. We are seeking someone with a good heart and a great mind – a person who shares our dream of making positive memories for children, families and the community.
If you have a Certificate III in Children’s Services, a Diploma in Children’s Services, an Advanced Diploma, or an Early Childhood Teacher qualification, we want to speak with you, especially if you are up for the challenge of creating your dream job through hard work and determination, while positively influencing others.
Who is Gowrie?
Gowrie is the oldest provider of high quality child care in Western Australia. We were established 80 years ago by the then Governor’s wife, Lady Zara Gowrie. We also provide relevant and engaging community programs that complement our early learning services. We are tremendously proud of our history and the fact we are a community based organisation that operates very differently to the big for-profit chains and businesses. Every child, family, and community member mean something to us, as do our team of amazing employees.
What is Gowrie looking for?
We are searching for a skilled, qualified and experienced Centre Coordinator with at least two year’s experience working in an Australian early education and care centre.
All Gowrie employees help transform lives by believing that a sense of community, and high quality early education and care, is the key to a healthy and successful journey through life. We believe it takes a village to raise a child, and what better way to assist families than being part of that village.
Requirements for the role in addition to those included above:
- Good knowledge of the Early Years Learning and National Quality Framework
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current Asthma, Anaphylaxis, CPR & First Aid certificates or willingness to obtain
- Great personality with a professional manner and appearance
- Inspiring team player and positive role-model
- Possess a supervisor certificate (preferably)
- Experienced in organising, managing, and running activities in childcare centres
- Must have at least 2-3 years experiences working at the same position or closely field
- Possess at least Certificate III Early Childhood Education & Care & Certificate IV in School Age Education & Care and Diploma in Early Childhood Education & Care
- Have a character certification issued by AFP
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare, implement and evaluate appropriate programs for individual children or groups to advance children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development
- Develop, implement and evaluate daily care routines
- Ensure that records are maintained accurately for each child
- Ensure that the Centre's policies and procedures are adhered to
- To maintain a safe and nurturing environment
- Guiding and supervising educators
- Create and maintain a safe area for children, families, team members and all visitors
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained at a high level at all times
- Ensure the centre is compliant with all State Legislation and National Quality Standards
- Maintain a harmonious, respectful, and reciprocal relationship with parents, Gowrie management, team members and children
- Perform administration tasks as required
Gowrie WA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Remember, the journey to your dream job could be only a click away! To start your journey and to be part of our village, or to continue your fantastic career so far by joining Gowrie, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
Salary range $54,000 - $69,000.
We look forward to hearing from you!